Having the second contractor to cancel their visit to provide an estimate to fix the damage from the leaking roof (finally fixed after 1.5 years) and paint the room and believing the estimates received so far to be overpriced, I've decided to do it myself. I've watched plenty of DIY projects completed by my parents and having DIYNetwork as the most watched channel in my home, I should be able to pull this off.
I spent all weekend, scraping, kilzing, joint compounding, sanding, paint sampling, and priming....
Main damage from leaking roof
Main work area
Trying to decide which color blends better with furniture and curtain panels I plan to convert from window scarfs.
Once getting handle on knockdown patch...painting room will be next task. First try...too wet
6 hours ago