Thankfully, we had the intellect to spend a weeks vacation for the unpacking process. Days were spent from sun-up to almost midnight daily in the tasks of locating items that had been in storage for 4 years, 9 months, and "too tired to count" days/hours. Hubby returned to work 4 days ago and I was left with a dining room and garage full of stuff that mostly will added to the county's landfill.
Since there has been no "power of reproducing images stored in the memory under the suggestion of associated images or of recombining former experiences in the creation of new images directed at a specific goal or aiding in the solution of problems", here is a list of the ten most popular ramblings during the process of re-aquainting myself with my personal belongings.
- I know I saw that somewhere!
- Why did we pack that?
- "Label: Misc" Translation: I'm so tired of packing; just stick in this box.
- Oh, I remember this!
- I know I saw it, but where is it now?
- WOW, it still works!
- How do you turn it on again? (hubby's rigged stereo equip)
- Did I raid a Tupperware party?
- Why did he (hubby) put that there?
- WHERE ARE MY CHARGER PLATES?