Monday, November 3, 2008

now what if...is it possible?

I am not writing this post on the eve of what is going to be a monumental day in history to change any one's mind. Actually "if you don't know by now, you will never know" who to vote for.

These are just some thoughts that have been floating around 90% of my brain while the other 10% has been engaged all day. Thoughts of campaigns, rallies, slanderous advertising, promises, plans, agendas, prank calls, massive media coverage, blogs, and micro-blogging. There is so much hype and propaganda that it is hard to discern the truth of what an elected official will accomplish. I need to get this out of my head so I can sleep tonight.

So my mind came to rest on a WHAT IF situation.
WHAT IF there was a candidate that was held as the GREAT WHITE/BLACK HOPE.
WHAT IF there was a candidate that gave excellent speeches that were heartfelt to the masses.
WHAT IF there was a candidate who could appeal to 95% of the voting population.
WHAT IF there was a candidate who could raise unprecedented amounts of capital.
WHAT IF there was a candidate who one appeared intelligent, articulate, and "down to earth" at the same time.
WHAT IF there was a candidate who appeared to have the answer to most of the problems facing the majority of the voting population.
WHAT IF there was a candidate who ran a campaign like well-oil engine that purred continuously.

WHAT IF this candidate was the result of an elaborate, meticulously-planned, well-financed PR project. The image created by this project was the best that any voter had ever seen.
WHAT IF this candidate won by a horrendous landslide.
WHAT IF this candidate failed to render proposed agenda.
WHAT IF this candidate was able to blame failures on existing conditions from when term commenced
WHAT IF this candidate was reelected, without any accomplishments

WHAT IF this became true...COULD IT?

Hubby says I have no faith, I say I have low expectations, but an active imagination

9 comments:

  1. Now faith is the assurance that what we hope for will come about and the certainty that what we cannot see exists...Hebrews 11:1 International Standard version.

    The opposite of love is fear. Do not be afraid. Whatever the otucome will be after today. We are all changed...transformed if you will. It is not solely about the election. It is about the spirit of each of us participating in continuing to define American democracy and our right(s) to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfort ye, comfort ye my people.
    Speak tenderly and cry to them, that they have served their term, their penalty is paid,
    that they have received from the Lord's hand double for all their iniquity.

    A voice cries out:
    In the wilderness prepare the way, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
    Every valley shall be lifted and every mountain and hill be made low,
    the crooked places may be straightened and the rough places plain,

    THE GLORY OF THE LORD SHALL BE REVEALED
    AND ALL PEOPLE SHALL SEE IT TOGETHER!

    Is. 40

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say you have a mind and you expressed it. A voice and you spoke it. Eloquently at that. And, like me, you've been blessed with eyes ... let's watch this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoveBabz
    There was (and still) no fear, just speculation

    Revvy Rev
    thanks

    french home decor
    thanks and welcome

    anewlis
    sounds like my independence day post, lol
    welcome

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anythings possible.....

    Barack H. Obama

    ReplyDelete
  7. "What if..." is now IS.
    Obama's victory just proofs that 'cos 'thas not been done before, it does not mean you cannot do it. 'tis a new dawn of HOPE, let's keep hope alive.

    ReplyDelete

release your mind...what do you think?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online