15 hours ago
Monday, April 13, 2009
This post is no way near left field as the last post. It's just informative or even a little humorous.
While attempting to take an evening siesta but constantly being interrupted by underage human beings that have no concern that I was trying to rest, it was the perfect opportunity for my mind to wander. Thoughts drifted to high school, to the classes I had, the groups I participated in, and the "social" events I attended or didn't attend. Then the revelation occurred.
AFTER ALMOST 22 YEARS, I REALIZED I HAD TO BE THE #1 GEEK OF THE SENIOR YEAR.
In my graduation year, we had 3400 students in grades 9-12, more students than a local university. Out of all the students, I could not think of anyone with a senior year "resume" geekier than mine.
Note: Geeks are not nerds, geeks have social lives.
Now you may think that I'm exaggerating. How could someone with such a great blog be such a geek? (you are supposed to be smiling now) But seriously, to prove my point I had to dig out my HS yearbook, Memories book and the photo album of ALL my report cards, and certificates since first grade (MOM made it).
Here are the top 20 highlights:
20. Yearly calendar highlights NOTED: Japanese teachers visit school, my picture in paper the next day, Momma's surprise party, Beta club convention, Computer Science AP Exam, Calculus AP Exam, received first raise $3.45/hour.
19. Fall Sports page: My announcements for the March of Dimes Youth Board.
18. Winter Sports page: Announcements to Honors/club awards banquets and prom (did not attend)
17. Spring Sports page: stuff from Beta Club convention
16. That Special Someone and Those Special Times to Remember page: BLANK, even though I did find some INTERESTING letters that I had forgotten
15. Homecoming page: Medical records from having upper respiratory infection.
14. Senior Prom page: newspaper clipping with me, fellow student, and Japanese Teachers.
13. Favorite places: Mall, Bowling Alley
12. Spring Break page: receipts from Club dues and AP Exams. results from SAT
From Certificate and awards
11. Graduate w/ Honors
10. Presidential Academic Fitness Award Program participant
9. Who's Who Among American High School Students and several National Merit Awards in Mathematics and Science
8. March of Dimes Youth Board - ok, this was a good thing
7. Beta Club - social club for geeks to get out of class/school
6. Math Bowl Team
5. Mu Alpha Theta - Math Club
4. Golden Eagle Award Nominee - Science
Now, even if I did not have any of the previous items listed above, the following certifies the label #1 High School Geek
3. Class schedule: World Religions, English 12 Honors, Physics I Honors, AP Calculus Honors, Speech/Drama/Performance, AP Computer Math Applications. Only needed English 12, the rest were ELECTIVES
2. Science Bowl Team - Captain
1. Science Club - President (11th grade Vice-President)
Doesn't this qualify at least in the running for the title? or were you a geek more that I?