Monday, February 2, 2009

Coincidence my …


I haven’t had a good rant in a while, so maybe I’m due. It is unfair that personnel at auto service centers feel they can prey on the public, or at least those who may not be aware of what they are doing. It is awful that you used to be able to get an oil change for $9.95 and now it costs you $40. We take our vehicles to these service centers that supposed to be trained in maintenance of your vehicle. It is more like they are trained at trying to rip folks off.

Look, I just asked for an oil change. Why do you have to keep recommending these services that I do not need and just happen to be able to quote the price without researching? I made it a point to mention that I am married and this is his car. That should have been enough warning to not to try to push me into agreeing to some service that was not needed. I already said NO to have the radiator flushed. But NO, you had to take it to another level to get additional money out of me. Why until I return back to work, the Oil Light comes on in the dash. Flickers when moving, steady when stopped.

I’m glad this place was just across the street from my job; I turned around and went back.

Why you look dumfounded? OK, you show me the oil level is appropriate. OK, you tell me everything is dry underneath and there are no signs of a leak. Still the light is on and it was not on when I arrived 20 minutes ago.

Oh, so now my oil ascending unit just now goes bad AFTER you’ve been messing around down there. It’s no where near the filter? Yeah right! Keep looking…sure, I’ll show you again. I’ll just sit here and Twitter as long as you stare under the hood.

Now try again, sure…hmmm, it’s off now. A connector was loose? He just stuck it back in?...Yeah, it was loose so he JUST snapped it back in. Yeah right. No sucker here today.

Would have been nice to go to the previous guy for an oil change for $18, but every time you leave there another problem occurs. Are there any credible and honest mechanics out there? Please let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Sista,

    I don't understand the mentality of running a business this way. Do they think that tactics like that would ever get repeat customers? Businesses like this one need to be held accountable for questionable practices.

    I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of contacting the corporate office (sdrake@expressoil.com and customerservice@expressoil.com) and sending a link to this post. They need to know how their image is being represented.

    underOvr

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one place here where I live that is very reliable - that's their reputation. It's become extremely hard to get in because of all the service their honesty has gotten them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. underOvr
    No problem. I'm curious what type of feedback it will be.

    MilesPerHour
    Can I move to South Carolina?

    ReplyDelete

release your mind...what do you think?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online