Saturday, February 28, 2009

Is my car jinxed? or is this pride payback?




This is not the post I planned for this weekend, so my "friend" who is expecting it, I'll write it soon. Hubby is consulting on it too.

Seems like this car has had the worst of luck. Originally purchased by my brother in '04, this '05 Accord was in a fender-bender in the ATL where the fault could not be determined. In this incident there was minor scrapes and scratches on the RIGHT FRONT FENDER. It was never repaired. When my brother was moving to NY, he sold the car to me in '07, at an excellent price I say (thanks bro). Parking is too costly up there.

Mother's Day '08, tornadic storms ripped through Central GA causing a utility pole to snap in my mother's yard and brought down wires and an ornamental tree onto this car. Since my insurance covers castrophic events damage, the adjusters agreed to paint the entire car for all the minor damage from flying debris, scratches from the cable wire from the left crossing the hood to the RIGHT FRONT side and the scratches and dents from tree fall in the back RIGHT side. I did not have the repairs done then because I wanted to have the front fender work done at the same time. Since we were in the midst of closing on house, the funds were not available.
Month after month I delayed having the repairs done because I wanted to be able to park the car in the garage when the work was complete. We hadn't completely cleared it from the move.

December '08, two days before Christmas, son and I were on the way home. Being aware of deer in this particular area, I was driving more cautiously. What seemed like seconds stretched into minutes, a deer hopped out of the woods to my left, crossed in front of my car. Seeing it, I slowed but not quick enough. I hit its tail end with the RIGHT FRONT FENDER on the car, dramatically intensifying the existing damage.

At the end of last month, hubby encouraged that we get the car repaired while he is on night shift. We can save on car rental costs by me driving his car during the day. The work started Feb 2nd and was finished on Feb 18th. Earlier this week I took the car back to the collision center because a piece of trim on the hood came loose and won't snap back in place. I am still waiting to hear back from them on that matter.

This morning Feb 28th, in a effort to combine trips, hubby, son and I left to run errands together using my car. Albeit it is the car that just had a complete body paint job with a replaced hood and FRONT RIGHT fender. Normally I would have gone by myself to get groceries, but because of expected weather tomorrow, I suggested we get the small propane tanks, for fireplace, filled in case of ice-downed power lines. Our house is total electric. Since Ace Hardware is next to the Ingles grocery store, we all went together.
Hubby dropped me off at the grocery store and then continued on to the hardware store. Before I completely retrieved the items on my list, hubby and son arrived with the news. While turning out of a gated area to get to the propane filling area, he hit one of those yellow painted steel posts that are used to protect areas from cars. As you can see from the pictures above, they worked.

Is the FRONT RIGHT FENDER of my car is jinxed?
Is this karma for not having to pay for the original damage to the car?

Now I wonder because Monday, hubby starts back on day shift we now have to pay a portion of the rental car fee and there will be payment for the insurance deductible.

What do you think, Karma or just bad luck?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sista GP,

    I'm gonna stretch out to an area I don't often go, but it's the first thought I got after reading this post:

    Jesus was once asked by his disciples, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?....It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be made manifest in him." (John 9: 2-3, RSB)

    Perhaps God chooses to demonstrate that He remains God.

    Not a sermon, just a thought.

    underOvr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that once you get a little money, your car takes over half...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if the car asks that very same question...are my owners jinxed...is their karma bad. I mean unless the car drives on it's on...

    I'm just saying...LOL! Hhmm maybe a military humvee would be more to your driving usage.

    I am glad no one was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. underOvr (aka The U)
    Great thought! I get it. Thanks

    Oyin
    The problem is that there's no extra "little money" coming in.

    MacDaddy
    A little humor to get through

    Lovebabz
    LOL, hadn't thought about it that way.
    Now Hubby doesn't want to drive it.

    Torrance Stephens - All-Mi-T
    Hmmm

    ReplyDelete

release your mind...what do you think?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online